If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to how to close apps on Apple TV. You just press the Home button and they disappear. But what if an app stops responding or you want to clear out some memory? Here’s a complete guide on how to close apps on Apple TV.
What Is An “Apple TV?”
Photo Source: businessinsider.com
An Apple TV is a digital media player that allows you to stream video and audio content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your television. It also gives you access to a variety of apps, including those for streaming music and videos, as well as games.
Different Ways To Close Apps On Apple TV
If an app is unresponsive, you can force it to close by doing the following:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Apple TV remote for about 6 seconds.
- You’ll see the App Switcher appear at the top of the screen. If you don’t see it, keep holding the Home button.
- Find the app that you want to close in the App Switcher and flick up on your remote to close it.
- Once you’ve closed all of the apps that you want to, press the Home button again to return to the home screen.
You can also close apps from the Settings menu on your Apple TV. Here’s how:
- Go to the Settings menu by selecting the gear icon on the home screen.
- Select “General.”
- Select “Applications.”
- Select the app that you want to close.
- Select “Stop Application.”
- Confirm by selecting “Stop” again.
You can also force quit an app from your computer if your Apple TV is connected to it:
- On your computer, open iTunes and click on your Apple TV in the Devices section.
- In iTunes, go to the “Apps” menu and find the program you wish to close.
- Right-click (or Control-click) on the app and select “Delete from Library.” This will also remove the app from your Apple TV.
You can also close all apps at once by doing a restart or reset:
- To restart, go to the Settings menu and select “General.”
- Select “Restart.”
- Confirm by selecting “Restart” again.
- To reset, go to the Settings menu and select “General.”
- Select “Reset.”
- Select “Reset All Settings.”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your password. Enter it and select “OK.”
- Select “Reset” again to confirm. This will close all apps and return your Apple TV to its factory settings.
Importance Of Closing Apps On Apple TV
Photo Source: reddit.com
As we all know, Apple TV is a great way to watch your favorite movies and TV shows. However, one thing that you may not know is that it is also important to close apps on your Apple TV. Here’s why:
1. To Save Battery Life
When you leave an app open on your Apple TV, it continues to run in the background and consume power. This can quickly drain your battery, especially if you’re not using your Apple TV for extended periods of time.
2. To Free Up Memory
Just like any other electronic device, Apple TVs have a limited amount of memory. When you leave an app open, it takes up valuable space that could be used for other purposes, such as storing new apps or media files.
3. To Prevent App Crashes
If an app is left open for too long, it may eventually crash. This can be frustrating, especially if you were in the middle of using the app when it crashed. By closing apps when you’re not using them, you can help prevent crashes from happening.
4. To Improve Overall Performance
When you have too many apps open, it can slow down your Apple TV and make it difficult to use. Closing unused apps can help improve the overall performance of your device.
5. To Keep Your Personal Information Safe
If you’re signed into an app with your personal information, such as your email or social media accounts, it’s important to close the app when you’re finished using it. This will help prevent others from accessing your personal information if they get ahold of your Apple TV.
Additional Tips on How to Close Apps On Apple TV
- If you’re using an older model of the Apple TV, you can also triple-press the Home button to activate the Accessibility Shortcut. This will bring up the AssistiveTouch menu, which you can use to close apps.
- You can also close apps from the multitasking bar on your iPhone or iPad. To do this, double-click the Home button to bring up the multitasking bar. From here, you can swipe up on the app preview to close it.
Now that you know how to close apps on Apple TV, it’s time to put that knowledge into practice. If you find yourself with too many apps open at once, simply follow the steps outlined above to close them all down. Keep in mind that some apps may not support multitasking, so you may need to close them individually.
And that’s all there is to it! With this guide in hand, you should now be able to manage your Apple TV’s apps with ease. Thanks for reading, and we hope this was helpful.
My name is Donald Roth and I am the founder of perfecttv4you.com, a popular blog dedicated to providing quality content about television programming, trends, news and reviews. As an avid fan of television myself, I strive to create meaningful dialogue between viewers and producers across all platforms of media. Through my writing, I hope to entertain audiences as well as inform and educate them. I am passionate about television and look forward to sharing my knowledge with all of you!