You may be wondering how to get Apple TV on Samsung TV. While Samsung TVs don’t officially support Apple TV, there is a workaround that you can use to get the two devices working together.
Reminders Before You Start
Photo Source: engadget.com
- This guide is for Samsung TVs that don’t have an Apple TV app built in. If your Samsung TV does have the Apple TV app, skip to step 6.
- Make sure that your Samsung TV and Apple device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that your Samsung TV has a compatible HDMI port for connecting to your Apple device.
- Gather the appropriate cables for your Samsung TV and Apple device. You’ll need a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable to connect your Apple device to your Samsung TV.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready.
- The Apple TV app is only available on certain models of Samsung TV. Check the list of compatible models here.
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need iOS 12.2 or later. If you’re using an iPod touch, you’ll need iOS 7.1.2 or later.
How To Get Apple TV On Samsung TV: Complete Guide
Photo Source: youtube.com
If you’re a Samsung TV owner and want to get in on the Apple TV action, you’re in luck. While Apple’s streaming box originally only worked with select Macs and iOS devices, a recent software update has made it possible to stream content from your Apple TV to any Samsung Smart TV released in 2012 or later. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Set Up Your Samsung TV
- On your Samsung TV, go to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connection Manager.
- Select the HDMI port you’ll be using to connect your Apple device.
- Set the port to “Enabled.”
- Exit the Settings menu.
Step 2: Set Up Your Apple Device
- On your Apple device, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices. If you don’t see this option, update your Apple device to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the four-digit code that appears on your Samsung TV screen.
- Select “Done.”
Step 3: Connect Your Devices
- Using an HDMI cable, connect your Apple device to the HDMI port on your Samsung TV.
- If you have a newer Apple device, you might need a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Apple TV to connect to your Samsung TV.
Step 4: Turn On Your Devices
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- On your Apple device, go to the Home screen.
Step 5: Open the Apple TV App
- On your Apple device, open the Apple TV app. If you can’t find the app, search for it in the App Store.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Browse or search for a movie or TV show.
- To buy or rent a movie or TV show, choose the price.
- To start watching, select Play. If you rented a movie, it will begin playing automatically and will delete itself after 48 hours.
Step 6: Control playback
- On your Apple device, open the Contol Center.
- To fast-forward or rewind, drag the slider left or right.
- When you’re finished watching, disconnect your Apple device from your Samsung TV.
- Turn off your Samsung TV.
You’re all set! You can now watch movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV. Enjoy!
Why Should You Connect Your Apple TV To Your Samsung TV?
Photo Source: hardwarezone.com.sg
If you have an Apple TV, you can connect it to your Samsung TV. Doing so allows you the convenience of watching your favorite Apple content on a larger screen. Plus, it gives you access to all the features and apps that come with your Apple TV. It also comes with a handful of advantages:
- Access to your favorite Apple content, including movies, TV shows, and music.
- The ability to use all the features and apps that come with your Apple TV.
- A larger screen for watching your favorite content.
- Convenient and easy to set up.
- No need to buy a separate streaming device.
Whether you’re a long-time Apple fan or just getting started with the company’s ecosystem, connecting your Apple TV to your Samsung TV is a great way to get the most out of your streaming experience. Give it a try today!
Even if you don’t have an Apple TV, you can still enjoy content from your iPhone or iPad on your Samsung TV. With the right cables and adapters, you can connect your devices directly to your TV and mirror your display. If you have an Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iOS device to your TV.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. And be sure to check out our other Apple TV tips and tricks for more ways to get the most out of your streaming box.
No matter which method you use, you can enjoy your favorite content from your iPhone or iPad on the big screen. Thanks for reading!
My name is Donald Roth and I am the founder of perfecttv4you.com, a popular blog dedicated to providing quality content about television programming, trends, news and reviews. As an avid fan of television myself, I strive to create meaningful dialogue between viewers and producers across all platforms of media. Through my writing, I hope to entertain audiences as well as inform and educate them. I am passionate about television and look forward to sharing my knowledge with all of you!