Screen sharing is a great way to share content from your phone or tablet with your LG TV. Whether you’re wanting to show off vacation photos, watch a movie that’s not available on your TV’s app store, or give a presentation, screen sharing is a handy tool to have. Unfortunately, not all Android devices are created equal when it comes to screen sharing. But that doesn’t mean you can’t screen share on an LG TV! There are a few different ways to do it, and we’ll walk you through each one.
Ways To Screen Share On LG TV
Photo Source: lifewire.com
Method 1: Screen Share Using an HDMI Cable
If your Android device has an HDMI port, then you’re in luck! You can use an HDMI cable to connect your device directly to your LG TV. This is by far the simplest way to screen share, since there’s no need for any extra applications or software. Simply connect one end of the HDMI cable to your device, and plug the other end into your TV.
Method 2: Screen Share Using a Chromecast
If your Android device doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can still screen share by using a Chromecast. A Chromecast is a small device that plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and allows you to stream content from your phone or tablet. You’ll need to connect the Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network, and then you can use it to screen share.
Method 3: Screen Share Using a Miracast Adapter
If you don’t have an HDMI port or a Chromecast, you can still screen share by using a Miracast adapter. Miracast is a wireless standard that allows you to mirror your device’s display on another screen. There are a few different types of Miracast adapters, but the most popular one is the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Miracast Adapter works with a variety of devices, including most LG TVs.
Method 4: Screen Share Using an AllShare Cast
If you have a Samsung phone or tablet, you can use an AllShare Cast to screen share. The AllShare Cast is a Samsung-specific device that allows you to mirror your device’s display on another screen. You’ll need to connect the AllShare Cast to your Wi-Fi network, and then you can use it to screen share. It works on LG TVs as well.
Method 5: Screen Share Using an MHL Adapter
If your Android device has a micro USB port, you can use an MHL adapter to connect it to your LG TV. MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) is a technology that allows you to mirror your device’s display on another screen. You’ll need to connect the MHL adapter to your TV’s HDMI port, and then you can use it to screen share.
Method 6: Screen Share Using Screen Sharing Apps
There are a few different screen sharing apps that you can use to share your device’s display with your LG TV. The most popular ones are Google Cast, AirScreen, and Mirror for LG TV. These apps all work in similar ways, and they’re pretty easy to use. Simply download the app to your device, and then follow the instructions to connect to your TV.
Tips In Screen Sharing On LG TV
Photo Source: wikihow.com
When you’re screen sharing on LG TV, it’s important to keep a few things in mind:
- Make sure that your device is charged. If your device’s battery runs out while you’re screen sharing, the connection will be lost and you’ll have to start over.
- Make sure that your device and your TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. This is necessary for most screen sharing methods.
- If you’re using an HDMI cable to screen share, make sure that it’s plugged in securely to both your device and your TV.
- If you’re using a Chromecast, AllShare Cast, or Miracast adapter, make sure that it’s plugged in securely to your TV.
- If you’re using a screen sharing app, make sure that your device and your TV are connected before you start sharing your screen.
- Be aware that some content may not be compatible with screen sharing. For example, you may not be able to watch a protected video if you’re using a screen sharing app.
Benefits Of Screen Sharing On LG TV
Photo Source: indiamart.com
There are a few benefits of screen sharing on LG TV:
- You can share your device’s display with others. This is great for presentations or if you just want to show someone what’s on your screen.
- You can use your TV as a second monitor. This can be handy if you’re working on a project and you need more screen space.
- You can watch videos or play games on a larger screen. This is great for entertainment purposes.
- You can mirror your device’s display. This is useful if you need to troubleshoot something on your device or if you want to show someone how to do something.
Screen sharing is a great way to share your device’s display with others. Also, it can be useful for entertainment or productivity purposes. There are a few different ways to screen share on LG TV, and the method that you use will depend on your device and your TV. There’s sure to be a method that works for you. Just follow the instructions in this article, and you’ll be screen sharing in no time. Enjoy!
My name is Donald Roth and I am the founder of perfecttv4you.com, a popular blog dedicated to providing quality content about television programming, trends, news and reviews. As an avid fan of television myself, I strive to create meaningful dialogue between viewers and producers across all platforms of media. Through my writing, I hope to entertain audiences as well as inform and educate them. I am passionate about television and look forward to sharing my knowledge with all of you!